Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Welcome!


visit SmalleyStudios.etsy.com !

Hey there! I'm Heather Hoffman and I run a business called Smalley Studios. I make tiny polymer clay charms, mainly of cupcakes, truffles, cakes, and other foods. This is my first blog post ever, so please bear with me!

Maybe I'll kick off with a quick Q&A so you can get to know me? Is that how this works? Wow, I'm only 21 you'd think I'd be better at this techno-stuff ha.

Q: Why "Smalley Studios?"
A: My fiance's last name is Smalley, so eventually that will be my name! I also like the kinda play-on-words Smalley..small..like my teeny tiny charms. I chose the "Studios" part for alliteration, and to not limit my products by my business name. If sometime I get back into jewelry-making or lampworking or other mediums, Smalley Studios could encompass all of that. I'm pretty eclectic about my mediums.

Q: Where else can I find or contact you?
A: My Etsy store is SmalleyStudios.etsy.com, and I have a Facebook page at www.facebook.com/SmalleyStudios. You can contact me through either of those websites, or here, or my email SmalleyStudios (at) verizon.net.

Q: Why only food?
A: Well, I don't strictly make food. I'm trying to expand my horizons a little bit, but I very much enjoy food for some reason. Fake food was my favorite as a child, and I loved baking as I got older. As I got more into crafting and eventually polymer clay, I became enraptured by miniature food and charms.

Q: Do you take custom orders?
A: Yes! I love custom orders! Contact me through here, etsy, facebook, or email to arrange a custom order.

Q: Ok, I see a lot of words. Where are the pics?!
A: I'm getting there! I just kind of sat down and decided to start a blog, I'll have to get together some post-worthy pictures and I guess write something about them.

Thanks for visiting! I plan to update frequently with new products, tutorials, links to stuff I like and/or have learned from, giveaways, ideas and works in progress, and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment