Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Blue Bottle Tree

I came across this article while searching for something else, but it's amazing! I had been wondering if I could use alcohol inks to color clay and this covers that topic extensively. This site also has a bunch of awesome tutorials!


Ginger at The Blue Bottle Tree made this bracelet with clay and ink
Go check it out! I'll definitely be giving this a try if I can ever find my stash of alcohol inks. I expect the results to be much more vivid than coloring translucent clay with colored clay or even chalks. I wonder if I could figure out a way to get it into TLS for more vivid pie fillings and such.


I have tons of links and tutorials and articles saved and will be sharing them with you all (not all at once! I'd probably kill the internet ha). Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the mention, Heather. I'm glad you enjoyed the tutorial and found it useful. I can't wait to see what you make with it. Have fun playing with clay!

    ReplyDelete