Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pie!

Here's my most recent project - pies!

I already had on hand some silver bottlecaps (from making miniature cake stands) that made perfect pie shells. I just drilled a hole for the charm loop.

Here's my first ever cherry pie:


Sorry, it's just a quick snapshot with my cell phone. I made each and every one of those cherries and mixed with liquid clay for the filling. This was also an experiment in using Diamond Glaze mixed with food coloring and it worked quite nicely!


And some more pie...


I love it! The letters were hard for me to make so small, they could definitely use some work, but it was my first try at words. I saw a picture somewhere on the internet of a real pie someone made with this saying in the crust and I knew it would make a perfect pendant. Despite the difficulty and how long it took me to make it, I will probably be making more of these to sell!

So, what's your favorite flavor of pie?

No comments:

Post a Comment