Thursday, August 22, 2013

Silicone!

Last night I was playing around with silicone, experimenting with it as a frosting. It was very sticky and stinky and I didn't have any mineral spirits on hand to clean up with so I ended up trashing my piping tip but oh well (they're only $1 anyway).

I also experimented with trying to make a "wrapper" effect on the cupcakes. It came out very well! I will definitely be making more cupcakes in this style.


I got a little crazy with the frosting on the vanilla cupcake, but I think they came out very well! I was going to put "chocolate sauce" on the chocolate one with brown puffy paint but forgot. oops. I also did a little practicing piping fancy lines like you would for a cake and the effect was awesome! This is so much easier than my usual way of making frosting too. Soon I will try tinting the silicone with paint. Gotta figure out how to make these into charms too.

No comments:

Post a Comment